known history of Fatehpur is as old as the Vedik era . General Karningham has
written about "Bhitaura" & "Asani" places of this district,
while discussing about the residuals of the Vedik era . There are proofs that Chinese
traveller Hwensaung visited the Asani place of this district .
In village Renh, which is 25km in south-west of Fatehpur town, some articles of archeological interest have been found which are of time 800 B.C. . Many articles like coins, bricks, idols etc. of Maurya period, Kusad period & Gupta period have been found through out the district . Many temples of Gupta period still exist in village Tenduli, Korari, Sarhan Bujurg etc., which are very important from the archeological point of view . Golden coins of period of Chandragupta-II have been recovered from village Bijauli . The bricks used in fort of Asani are also of Gupta Period .
The Khajuha town, situated on Mughal road is very old town . It's description has been found in old Hindu scripture "Brahm Puran", which is 5000 years old . In 1561 A.D., Moghal emperor Humayun passed through this town while envading Jaunpur state . On January 5th, 1659 A.D., Moghal emperor Aurangjeb had a fierce battle with his brother prince Shahshuja, and killed him near this place . To celeberate the victory, he constructed a large beautiful garden "Badshahi Bagh" and a big lodge having 130 rooms .
During Moghul regime, the control of Fatehpur shifted time to time to the hands of Jaunpur, Delhi and Kannauj . In 1801 A.D., this region came under control of East India Company and in 1814 this was given the status of a sub-division (Paragana), while the headquarter was at Bhitaura, which is now a block office . In 1826 A.D., the Fatehpur was redesignated as a District headquarter .